|Administrative & Accountant officer
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
1. To provide effective and timely administrative services (building, maintenance, equipment, personal, archives…), accounting and actions related to, in order to ensure smooth admin/accounting process at Bandos Komar,
2. To provide timely and reliable accounting information that lead to effective decision making and also, responsible to manage and build the capacity of accounting and administrative people to meet the demand in the Bandos Komar,
3. Operation and maintain of QuickBooks operate accounting system every financial transaction. FUNCTIONS and TASKS Jobholder plan: 1. Yearly budget planning including administrative and accounting department; 2. Training and development plan for the team members 3. Supplies and equipments for program and office as whole;
4. Monthly and quarterly planning for administrative/accounting department;
5. Administrative and Accounting internal control. Outputs and deliverable:
- Provide Administrative Support and Manage:
1.1. Ensure administrative policies and procedures are developed/reviewed/approved as required and put to implement in appropriately as whole of Bandos Komar,
1.2. Efficient flow of communication is facilitated such as telephones, fax, email and mails,
1.3. Ensure smooth official function preparations, schedule preparation, transportation arrangements, hotel and ticket reservations for staff and visitors,
1.4. Manage Bandos Komar’s assets such as vehicles, motorbike, and office equipment and ensure all assets are annual inventory and verify,
1.5. When training, workshop and meeting conduct in the Phnom Penh, all logistic tasks, training materials/equipments and venue are organized and monitored together with concerned staff,
1.6. Ensure all related documents of procurements are properly implemented and monitored (receive applications from potential suppliers/providers of service, number requisition forms or purchase order forms within Bandos Komar.
- Office Management:
2.1. Oversee general office management to ensure efficient and effective function,
2.2. Ensure general office upkeep including equipment, furniture, fittings and building,
2.3. Maintain security measures at all times.
- Accounting and Finance:
3.1. Ensure that the accounting/finance policies and procedures are developed / reviewed / approved as required and adhering to implement with strict discipline as whole of Bandos Komar,
3.2. Ensure and facilitate internal finance/ accounting control to ensure effective and accurate financial management regularly,
3.3. Facilitate external audits in order to ensure that all financial transitions are managed effectively and accurately,
3.4. Manage and report all cash transition within Bandos Komar to Bandos Komar and from donor(s), including all status accounts that Bandos Komar have in the banks (cash and Bank balances),
3.5. Review cash flow projections and ensure sufficiently required funds for payment,
3.6. Review all requisitions and quotations as per policies/procedures and approved budget,
3.7. Petty cash fund transaction reviewed, voucher approved and correct processing ensured,
3.8. Ensure that all expenditures are tracked and kept,
3.9. Payments made to communities, partners are controlled and liquidation of the related amounts with sufficient supporting documentation is ensured,
3.10. Monitors cash advances and cash receipt to be deposited on time which is compliance with policies and procedures,
3.11. Prepare and review periodic accounting/financial reports (such as monthly, quarterly and yearly),
- QuickBooks Maintenance and Transaction Process:
5.1 QuickBooks transactions are processed and vouchers are prepared on time,
5.2 Account lines based on approved budget is checked before signing requisition form (purchase order), cash advance and request for payment, 5.3 All required signatories and documentation are ensured before the cheque is issued,
5.4 Ensure advances are followed up and reviewed when liquidated,
5.5 Internal and external back-up is performed, following the schedule in QuickBooks Manual.
- Other duties:
5.1. Keep Admin/Finance Manager updated of the issues and actions to be taken
5.2. Quarterly planning is submitted and reported to Admin/Finance Manager.
5.3. Other duties as assigned by supervisor are performed.
LEVEL/SCOPE OF DUTIES:
The post holder oversees:
1. General Administrative/Accountant
2. Mainly Accounting work and finance 3. Budget planning, control and analysis,
4. Manage QuickBooks and cash management process,
5. Manage administrative/finance and including personal issues/matters within it department,
6. Maintain and manage offices and fixed assets,
7. Assist other in accounting and banking matters.
Team/posts report into the post holder:
In Phnom Penh, not in the sites The primary linkages for this post:
1. Admin and Acct Manager.
Level of contact with children:
Medium REQUIRMENT Leadership Behaviors:
1. Demonstrate honest and professional behaviors in dealing with others
2. Develop, motivates, coaches and manages accounting/administrative team
3. Promote high performance within accounting/administrative team
4. Promote innovation and learning
5. Demonstrate and effectively on communication, negotiation, and facilitation skills
6. Open to feedback and willing to try new approaches and processes.
Skills specific to the post:
1. Proficiency on strategic and action planning, including budgeting, costing, time management
2. Skillful on office administration, internal control implementation, computer financial recordkeeping
3. Proficiency on fiscal accounting, and financial reporting and analysis
4. Proficiency team-building and motivational skills
5. Strongly interpersonal, communication, negotiation, coaching and facilitation skills
6. Proficiency on computer, E-mail, windows, word processing, Spreadsheet, power point.
7. Good written and spoken English
8. Abilities building and managing teams
Qualifications and Experiences: Education:
At least Bachelor Degree in Business Administrative, Finance and Accounting management or related field. Knowledge:
1. Good knowledge of Administrative, Financial Accounting, budgeting, controlling, and reporting principles.
2. Accounting Software ie. QuickBooks and other systems.
3. Internal Accounting Standards
4. Communication system and protocol
6. Personal related work including Cambodia Labor Law.
1. At least two years demonstrable experience on administrative and finance/accounting management within NGOs, Attitude/Core Competencies: 1. Proven ability and aptitude to learn quickly and result/output oriented
2. A team player, who works well in a multi-cultural environment, communicates readily and shares learning with colleagues, partners, beneficiaries and other
3. An analytical mind
4. Respects confidentiality of both official and personal information
5. Honest, loyal, transparent, fair, ethical, reliable, friendly, initiative, humility/humble and matures individual
6. Adhere to rule and regulations 7. Hard working and able to work under pressure of multitasks.